[coreboot] SeaBIOS debug output

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Jul 24 18:09:57 CEST 2008

Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 09:00:25PM -0700, ron minnich wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net> wrote:
>>

>>> In any case, I don't see why we need to optimize this.  Normal BIOSs
>>> seem to get by fine without needing to do anything special.
>>>

>> Consider the case of two video cards that have to get initialized.
>> coreboot can do this today. But it does require the emulator to
>> provide the right rom image at virtual C0000 at the right time. This
>> case was tested years ago and works quite well.
>>

> The OS can initialize the second head too.  I don't think we need to
> initialize it in the boot phase.

If we plan to replace our current bios emulation with seabios for any
option rom initialization, we should not introduce new regressions per
design.

Any "Normal BIOS" will copy an option rom in place before executing it.
Most remove it afterwards. So when dealing with compatibility to them,
we should aim to do things similarly

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613