[coreboot] [newbie] support for GA-M57SLI-S4 and AMD Phenom (K10) possible?

EW ew.116837 at nassur.net
Mon Jul 28 20:02:32 CEST 2008

Hello,

I met Peter Stuge at the Linuxtag 2008 in Berlin and
spontaneously decided to order a new shiny motherboard
(GA-M57SLI-S4). Peter kindly equipped it with a second flash
ROM for coreboot and the all important switch :-)

But I haven't been paying sufficient attention to details
and ordered a AMD Phenom X4 CPU (K10). The board does
support K10 cpus with reduced speed of something (front side
bus?), even if it's not listed first place in the
documentation. So there I am with a shiny new system (BIOS
works well and so does debian unstable) and no fitting
version of coreboot.

Question: is there support for K10 cpus in coreboot (maybe
for other boards)? And iff so, is there a possibility to
build a coreboot for this particular board and cpu?

I'm willing to test, I'm not so sure, whether I can help
hacking.

Cheers,
thank you for doing this very cool project,
and yes, I do like the new name and logo ;-)

Erich