[coreboot] SMM handling and resident coreboot

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Jul 29 16:33:15 CEST 2008

Peter Stuge wrote:
> This thread seems to reinvent VSA.

VSA is one possible implementation of an SMM handler.

Advocatus diaboli: Just like Windows is a possible implementation of a
protected mode OS. Does this make protected mode bad per se?

> I agree with Stefan that we have to go through this as a learning
> exercise. Things will undoubtly get a lot worse before they get
> better.

What exactly makes being able to support laptops so bad in your opinion?

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613