[coreboot] SMM handling and resident coreboot

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Jul 29 22:42:23 CEST 2008

On 29/07/08 13:00 -0700, yhlu wrote:
> please keep in mind, SMI is evil.

This is the completely wrong attitude to have.  SMI is not evil.  Saying
it is evil is saying that you would prefer to have severely limited
functionality to avoid it. *You* might agree, but I don't think thats the
message that our IHVs want to hear.

Rather, we should say that SMI is undesirable.  We will try to avoid it
when at all possible, but we will use it in order to provide the best
experience to our customers and when no other alternatives present
themselves.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse