[coreboot] ram init help on the i82830

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Jun 5 21:00:01 CEST 2008

On 05.06.2008 17:44, Joseph Smith wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:14:49 +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
> <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Please submit a patch now, regardless of how ugly/polluted/unclean it
>> is. We had too many losses of great patches in the past because
>> computers died and an early not-ready patch is better than nothing.
>>

> Oh, don't worry all be submitting a patch. I just want to make sure I have
> my bases covered first.
> I hope You don't think the code above is in any way
> "ugly/polluted/unclean". I think it is a very clean, fast, and great way to
> acomplish memory initialization.

Sure, the code looks nice. I wanted to say something along the lines of
"if you have any leftover unrelated changes in the tree, don't worry
about them and submit the state of your tree anyway". I wish to
apologize if my statement caused any irritation. As a non-native speaker
I occassionally miss subtle meanings in a sentence.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel