[coreboot] work on intel 440GX

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Mon Jun 16 14:04:10 CEST 2008

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:52:43 +0200, Marek Becka <beckam2 at fel.cvut.cz>
> Hi all,
> I have one older motherboard with Intel 440 GX chipset. During this
> summer I would like to try to port coreboot on it. I like idea of this
> project and I would like to support it and learn something new.  There
> is already work on 440 BX chipset, so I can establish on it.
> Documentation from Intel is also available. The only problem should be
> Ali M5132 Super I/O. I haven't found anything about this chip. It is
> real problem?
Hello Marek,
I think it is great you want to port coreboot to the 440GX. Go for it!
As far as the SuperIO, are you able to get ahold of a datasheet for it?
If so, you can do some reading and then find one that matches it pretty
close and use that for your starting code.
Hope that helps.

Joseph Smith