[coreboot] flashrom: Add support for AMIC Technology A49LF040A and do not probe W29EE011 anymore

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Jun 18 15:35:15 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 01:56:33PM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> I'd still like to know:
> - whether the W29EE011 non-standard probing could be replaced by
> JEDEC probing

I don't believe we will be able to test this anytime soon because the
chip is quite old.

> - whether we can write 0xFF to the chip after probing, triggering a
> reset for most chips.

We did try writing the product ID exit command, and unfortunately it
did not help.

Note that the chip still responds fine to LPC reads, data is
returned, but any write commands are ignored. The way I read the data
sheet this indicates that the chip is in an undocumented state.

Please do feel free to investigate this further, but personally I
doubt we'll ever find out what AMIC's state machine is up to. :\

//Peter