[coreboot] What are the best motherboards/systems out there for open-source software?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Jun 20 15:04:26 CEST 2008

Hello David,

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 09:58:46PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
> Are there any modern x86 motherboards and/or systems currently
> available for which technical documents are available for the
> motherboard and everything on it?

My favorite is the GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 with AM2 socket. It is
supported in coreboot and it's also possible to put an extra flash
chip on the board to be able to experiment with coreboot without
fear of bricking the board.

My company sells such modified boards, but unfortunately I am not
able to sell directly to consumers in Denmark (but businesses is
OK) because of EU environmental regulations. :\ I don't have
resources to register in every member state's producer registry.

//Peter