[coreboot] K8M890 VT8237S status update

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Sat Jun 28 04:37:55 CEST 2008

Hi all,

> This is fantastic news. Thanks for your patch.

Yes it is ;)

> I have noticed two good things happening as we get more people
> involved in this project. First is just the increased level of ability
> of the people, as they learn the ins and outs of the CPUs we support
> and help each other out. The second is that new ports seem to come
> with ACPI support right away more often than before. This means I'd
> better learn ACPI better :-)

Well I started the wiki page, I think I learned a lot from coreboot, but now
maybe we should concentrate on how to transfer this knowledge.

> Thanks, Rudolf, you might want to consider an official patch. I
> realize your port may not be perfect (to you :-), but I think it's
> worth getting it in to the tree if you have no objections.

Well there are some quirks in the patch, this needs to be sorted out first.
Especially someone is setting the the clocks for IT8705 to the other way round,
and I think on some places I might broke something on KT890 and VT8237R.

Later revisions of IT8705 have internal watchdog which must be turn off etc...

Maybe I really should prepare something, last time I did flashrom support for
VT8237S and ICH7, Stephan re-implemented the ICH7 just yesterday :/

Again the flashrom work was in quite good shape but I need to change the probing
of SPI to 4 bytes ID, and  I did not get back to that.

Anyway. I need to go now for a weekend AFK ;)

Enjoy yours,

Rudolf