[coreboot] buildrom - LAB uclibc compilation failure

Cristi Măgherușan cristi.magherusan at net.utcluj.ro
Sat Jun 28 09:59:19 CEST 2008

Hello,

As part of my GSoC project, I've started making a Linux-as-Bootloader
payload using buildrom, but I got stuck when compiling uclibc.

I get a compilation error saying that it cannot find limits.h. This is
the complete error message:

CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/chdir.os
In file included from ./include/sys/param.h:22,
                 from libc/sysdeps/linux/common/chdir.c:13:
./include/limits.h:124:26: error: limits.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [libc/sysdeps/linux/common/chdir.os] Error 1
make[1]: *** [lib/libc.so.0] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/cristi/soc/buildrom/buildrom-devel/work/uclibc/uClibc-0.9.29'
make: ***
[/home/cristi/soc/buildrom/buildrom-devel/work/uclibc/uClibc-0.9.29/lib/libc.a] Error 2

I searched google and it seems it's a toolchain error. Can someone with
more experience in hacking on buildrom give me a hint about what I'm
doing wrong?

Thanks,
Cristi