[coreboot] patch: dbe62

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 03:06:14 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

>  5. Maybe the name of mainboard_pre_payload() is unfortunate and we
>  should have pre_payload() which calls cpu_pre_payload(),
>  chipset_pre_payload() and mainboard_pre_payload() in a row. That way, we
>  don't have to put any GeodeLX ROM cache disabling below mainboard() and
>  keep that stuff local to the southbridge code.

My concern here is we're going to walk our way back to the v1 style
functions that end up mostly empty (e.g. mainboard_pre_payload(){}) on
most targets. Mainboard_pre_payload is a hack but I have no good ideas
on workarounds. Let's think this out some more. We'll get it.

The chipsets are always changing our ideas on how to set up the software :-)

ron