[coreboot] VGA and Asus a8v-e_se

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Sun Mar 2 18:22:55 CET 2008

> Rudolf Marek wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have same motherboard and I did the port to this motherboard/chipset. Can you
>> give me
>>
>> lspci -vvvxxx

you sent me output of lspci -x and I need all xxx ;)

Even this would be ok:
lspci -xxx

> The frequency scaling driver powernow_k8 does not seem to work after
> booting with coreboot. I'm very new to coreboot, but it seemed to me
> that this was related to DSDT, which I haven't done anything about yet.

Well I'm working on some tool to teach coreboot how to create the PSS objects.
If you want to get frequency scaling working.

1) acpidump -t SSDT -b >ssdt.bin
2) iasl -d ssdt.bin
3) send it here ;) you should see some PSS PCT objects. I will tell how to put
this into the dsdt.asl in src/mainboard/asus....

> Do I need to somehow use that DSDT from the Award BIOS when I boot using
> coreboot to get things like frequency scaling working?

Yep check above.

> I'll send the console messages in the next message.

Ok, I think for some reason the PCIe card does not get to work. I have ATI card
and it does work.

Hopefully can tell more once I have the lspci dumps from original BIOS.

Rudolf