[coreboot] Video ROM and VSA for Geode LX

Phani Babu Giddi phanig at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 19:38:45 CET 2008

Hi,

I am having trouble getting AMD's DB800 board to boot Linux with FILO. I am
using buildrom to build the image.

Now for debugging purposses I want to get Video ROM in coreboot image. Has
anybody tried patching Video ROM to coreboot image for Geode LX, if so which
part of the BIOS image does this fit in. Is it after VSA or before that ? I
think I have to reduce ROM_SIZE by the size of VSA and Video ROM.

Is there any other way I can debug coreboot/filo ? Can all the post codes
and other stuff be seen on serial console ?

Regards,
Phani