[coreboot] first output: dbe62 and v3

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Mar 6 01:59:46 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 10:28:57AM -0700, Marc Jones wrote:
> > This would be great. It should be easy to add a dts item and call
> > cs5536_setup_power_button or not.

Yes.

> The simple way to handle this is to move the
> cs5536_setup_power_button call from 5536\stage1.c to the mainboard
> hardware_stage1().

Better to eliminate mainboard code than add more.

> Yes, the dts and kconfig are great for setting things up but
> sometimes platform code is easier.

Then dts and Kconfig are not working well enough.

They (dts really) should be used for all hardware parameters and
behavior description. DisTilled netliSt. :p

The actual code should be in nobr/amd/geodelx or sobr/amd/cs5536
whichever is closer to the truth.

The code should use information entered into the dts.

This is exactly what the dts is for - describing how two mainboards
with the same devices are configured differently.

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 09:57:42AM -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> you really don't want that button working pre stage2, because, if
> the button is hardwired on, the machine turns off in 4 seconds :-)

Agreed.

> So you don't want to "default enable" it. You want to "don't do
> ANYTHING until you are sure". right now code is default enable,
> and I had to comment that out to get dbe62 up.

It used to bite on the alix1c too.

//Peter