[coreboot] new session for denver

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 19:09:13 CET 2008

I've talked to a few attendees and we're going to add a sort of
tutorial session. The topic is
"installing and using simnow to develop/debug coreboot". We have two
experts at least -- one from AMD, one from Sun -- to help get this all
working. This session will be on friday.

We're going to have a naive user (me) with a laptop on a projector.
Those of you with 64 bit laptops can follow along. I am hoping that
"MACOS + parallels + macbook" can qualify for simnow but we'll see.

One tested configuration is fc8 x86_64, so I'll try to have that set up.

With any luck, in 90 minutes, we'll go through the full cycle and have
coreboot running on simnow. This should be great fun, so if you have
any way to bring a 64-bit machine, do so. If you can, burn your fc8
dvd ahead of time. I will try to burn a bunch and bring them.

The work day, saturday, is the day we hope to get v3 up on simnow.

Thanks

ron