[coreboot] Possible support for Lippert Cool LiteRunner

Frans Grotepass fmgrotepass at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 16:12:31 CET 2008

On Tuesday 11 March 2008, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:

> I assume you want to run Linux on that board and not Windows.

The board is running Linux at the moment. It is part of a larger
embedded system one of the other components takes longer to start up, so
the fact that POST takes long is not that critical at the moment. If we
speed up things in the other ompnents, then it will become an issue.

>  It is
> rather unlikely you can use it as a template for Literunner without
> being very familiar with the old Coreboot v2 code structure.

Will take this into consideration...

> Depending on how familiar your engineers are with firmware development
> and ROMCC pitfalls in particular, it could take quite a few months.

I'll be the (un)lucky soul. My knowledge is limited, but I am an eager
learner and it looks like fun to get better in.

> > Option 2: We pay someone to hack coreboot for us.
> > * Is there someone that can do this for us?
>

> It almost invariably will be cheaper than doing the porting yourself
> unless you manage to find well-skilled wage slaves. >

As said, I'll be the wage slave. It sounds like fun to build! We will
consider sourcing it out, but gaining the intelligence for in house is
not amis.

> > Option 4: /*Not really an option*/ We buy in one of the commercial bios
> > solutions
>
> I'm confident we can help you to avoid that option.

I'll get my swimming trunks! At this stage possible development of a
custom bios is still at a low priority, but it might get pushed up if
there is a clear plan that could provide good results. For a start I'll
have to check out the tools required and how much that would cost.

Best regards,

Frans