[coreboot] Intel Core 2 Duo L7400 with MB chipset Intel 7100

Remi Lefevre rlefevre at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 00:35:01 CET 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Remi Lefevre <rlefevre at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:19 AM
Subject: Re: [coreboot] Intel Core 2 Duo L7400 with MB chipset Intel 7100
To: ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com>

Hi Ron,

 On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:59 PM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
 > It's a lot harder with Intel CPUs as they will not help you.
 >
 >  AMD on the other hand will help you-- they support coreboot.
 >
 >  Do you have to use Intel CPUs?

 Why do you talk only about Intel CPU ? Isn't the chipset (3100) more
 difficult to integrate than the CPU ?

 To answer your question, we have a very (I mean very) long life cycle
 on our product, and my hardware team seems to think (perhaps not
 wrongly) that they will be able to support Intel CPU longer than AMD
 ones... (they may change their mind with good arguments, but I doubt
 it, or they will propose ppc). And yes, I'm the software part ;)

 I have to understand that I would have to do a lot of reverse
 engeniering for Intel support (too bad they don't support this kind of
 Industry need).

 Warmly,
 rémi