[coreboot] RCA RM4100 Build Tutorial

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 00:46:01 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 4:42 PM,  <joe at smittys.pointclark.net> wrote:

> Quoting ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com>:

>  > i.e. did you just try all the other mods without doing this? I realize
>  > 2.0 is on  its way out in the next year, but having to modify this
>  > file says something is very, very wrong.
>  >
>  Not quite sure what you mean? If your not going to use VGA you should
>  comment the rom stuff right? I tried something like:

you should never need to change Config.lb files in the src/ tree. If
you do, they are incorrectly
set up. Or there is a bug in the config/build system -- I won't rule
that out either :-)

>  if CONFIG_VIDEO_MB
>
>     chip drivers/pci/onboard            # Onboard VGA
>        device pci 2.0 on end            # VGA (Intel 82830 CGC)
>           register "rom_address" = "0xfff00000"
>     end
>  else
>
>     device pci 2.0 on end               # VGA (Intel 82830 CGC)
>  end
>
>  But I kept getting build errors. Is it ok to leave the rom stuff with no VGA?

Yes, probably. the setting will be ignored since there is nothing
there to look at it.

I think you can just leave it all unchanged and build the bios. If you
don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could try it.

thanks

ron