[coreboot] flashrom issues found??

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Mar 12 13:46:45 CET 2008

On 12.03.2008 04:47, ron minnich wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 5:03 PM,  <joe at smittys.pointclark.net> wrote:
>

>>  What does this mean? Also Intel has a development SDK for a
>>  development i830 board very close to this one that has a linux flash
>>  utility (pre-built binary, no source) with it. I am thinking of trying
>>  it with an ?strace? to see what it does? Would that help to find out
>>  what is going on here?
>>

> strace won't show you memory references. That's the only issue.

Dumping the ICH GPIO settings and PCI config space (once) before and
(repeatedly) during a flash operation with the Intel SDK flash utility
may help you solve the mystery. If you can't find any differences, you
may have to resort to renouveau and revenge (reverse engineering tools
of nouveau and radeon developers, respectively).

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/