[coreboot] [RFC] First K8 board to port to v3

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Wed Mar 12 20:29:52 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 07:34:24PM +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> The MSI board only has 150 MB/s SATA-I, so I'd like to pick one of the
> Asus boards. The M2V-MX SE seems to use soldered SPI flash, so it is not
> an ideal target. That leaves us with the M2V-MX.

I'd really start with an already existing board from v2, we don't want
to complicate things by doing a completely new port. Porting a v2 K8
board will be non-trivial enough already, I think.

So maybe e.g. ASUS A8V-E SE (Rudolf has one), or ASUS A8V-E Deluxe (I have one),
which Rudolf has the datasheets for (K8T890) and which already work in v2.
Both boards currently even run from the same code.

Uwe.