[coreboot] [RFC] flashrom: drop 82802ab.c or sharplhf00l04.c

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Mar 14 01:09:27 CET 2008

On 13.03.2008 20:37, ron minnich wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
> <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
>

>>  > I would rather have removed the sharp, if you were going to remove
>>  > something, but I would rather have not removed either of them.
>>  >

>>  Should I revert or rename the sharp file to 82802ab.c?
>>

> I think we should revert. The sharp file may not work for 802ab

Reverted with full history in r3140.

>>  We really need to add another field to struct flashchip: "tested". Right
>>  now, most chips are either completely untested or only detection was tested.
>>

> I like that, and then an option to flashrom:
> ./flashrom --flashchipstatus
> or some such: and then you get:
> chip (probe, read, write)
> chip2 (probe)
>
> and so on

How about a 32-bit bitfield for the status? This would allow not only
(probe, read, erase, write) but also stuff like (partial erase, partial
write) and maybe other status info as well for chips which are dual
FWH/LPC, but only one of the modes is supported.

Maybe an --autotest mode of flashrom would give people the opportunity
to check all possible functionality of the chip.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/