[coreboot] lar copy patch

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Mar 15 00:08:33 CET 2008

On 14.03.2008 23:29, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 09:15:01PM +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>>> I also wondered about having it only match if the nesting wasn't
>>> too deep. For example normal wouldn't match
>>> normal/payload/segment0, but would match normal/initram.
>>> I could argue that one either way.
>>>
>> I'd mirror tar behaviour.
>>

> I really don't like the tar behaviour. How can it be used to match a
> specific file?

OK, I should have been more verbose. Tar does greedy matching, but only
on pathname boundaries. Given an archive with the following contents:
normal/in
normal/initram/segment0
normal/initram/segment1
normal/interesting

I want the following matches (parameter -> matched files):
normal/in -> normal/in
normal/initram -> normal/initram/segment0 normal/initram/segment1

That's the behaviour I'm used to (match on file names or directories, no
simple substring matches). Most archiving tools (tar, zip...) use that
scheme. It would be great to have LAR act the same way to conform to the
principle of least surprise.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--