[coreboot] r643 - in coreboot-v3/mainboard/amd: . db800

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Mar 15 00:42:20 CET 2008

On 14.03.2008 23:01, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 10:15:03PM +0100, svn at coreboot.org wrote:
>
>> +config BOARD_AMD_DB800
>> +	bool "DB800"
>> +	select ARCH_X86
>> +	select CPU_AMD_GEODELX
>> +	select OPTION_TABLE
>> +	select NORTHBRIDGE_AMD_GEODELX
>> +	select SOUTHBRIDGE_AMD_CS5536
>> +	select SUPERIO_WINBOND_W83627HF
>> +	select PIRQ_TABLE
>> +	help
>> +	  AMD DB800 Geode LX development board.
>>

>> +		/config/("northbridge/amd/geodelx/apic");
>> +		/config/("northbridge/amd/geodelx/domain");
>> +			/config/("northbridge/amd/geodelx/pci");
>> +			/config/("southbridge/amd/cs5536/dts");
>> +			/config/("superio/winbond/w83627hf/dts");
>>

> Can we reduce this redundancy?

A common reference board dts which can be extended would certainly be
nice. No idea whether the dtc supports it, though. Maybe that would be
an interesting GSoC project.

> Also, does anyone have ideas for cmos.layout for v3? OPTION_TABLE is
> includes the code for that, correct? (Bad name.) I want to be able to
> disconnect v3 completely from NVRAM and make it an optional feature.

How do you determine a successful last boot without NVRAM? However, I
also looked at our v3 code which decides the normal/fallback question
and I fail to see a clear and reasonable concept behind it. No offense
intended, but I don't see any reason in v3 to decide normal/fallback
based on some NVRAM setting. If normal/initram fails, there is no reason
we can't simply call fallback/initram and continue. Same with most other
settings unless I'm mistaken.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--