[coreboot] appending VGA ROM with VSA

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Mon Mar 17 22:21:07 CET 2008

Phani,

Phani Babu Giddi wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to append VGA ROM that is extracted using dd and trying to
> include it as part of the final flash image. Now I reduce the ROM_SIZE
> by 36K for VSM and 32K for VGA ROM. As per the procedure I also edit
> src/mainboard/amd/db800/Options.lb and Config.lb <http://Config.lb>.
>
> Now there seems to be some problem in finding VSA and thereafter the VGA
> also. Take a look at the log messages. I am using SST49LF008A which is a
> 1MB flash part.
>
> Before VSA:
> do_vsmbios
> buf ilen 828 olen2606
> buf 00060000 *buf 254 buf[256k] 0
> buf[0x20] signature is 82:6a:ff:ff
> do_vsmbios: no vsainit.bin signature, skipping!
> After VSA:
> Graphics init...
> VRC_VG value: 0xffff
> Finding PCI configuration type.
> PCI: Sanity check failed
> pci_check_direct failed
>
> Regards,
> Phani

You don't normally include the VGA ROM since there is a framebuffer
driver.  I think Artec dbe61 has some code that does it it you want to
put that in your platform. It is not part of the normal db800 setup. If
VSA doesn't work no Geode LX or 5536 PCI devices will work. That is why
Graphics init fails. VSA has to be on the end. So, "cat vsa vga coreboot
 > romfile".

Marc

--
Marc Jones