[coreboot] Device mapping problem

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Mar 18 11:35:58 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 08:21:48AM +0100, Klaus Stammermann wrote:
> > Can you send a full log?
>
> After loading kernel by coreboot the system shows only output on
> VGA. So I am looking for a possibility to log all this. On serial
> output there is nothing after "Jumping to entry point...".

Make sure to enable CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_CONSOLE in your kernel.

> It is strange, because kernel give some output of my device.
> Connect on IDE it should be somethink like hda, but name of drive
> is shown for sd.

This is normal. A few years ago there was a new generation ATA code
added to the kernel which obsoletes the old IDE support. The new ATA
code (libata) exposes all drives under the SCSI subsystem.

> But kernel can't connect to it on sd (filo gets kernel on hda and
> there is only one drive with one partition).

FILO has it's own device naming scheme.

I'm sorry the coreboot user experience isn't better for early
adopters like yourself. :\

//Peter