[coreboot] libpayload and coreinfo are checked in

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu Mar 20 01:22:58 CET 2008

I am happy to report that finally, libpayload and coreinfo have been
checked into the svn tree:

svn://coreboot.org/repos/trunk/payloads/libpayload
svn://coreboot.org/repos/trunk/payloads/coreinfo

The libpayload code is licensed as BSD, so it can be freely integrated
into your payloads without GPL concerns.

I'll edit the wiki over the next few days to discuss a roadmap for the
library, but if you are itching to hack, here are some quick ideas:

* Optimization for speed and size
* A wrapper script for gcc and ld to hide some of the uglier flags that we
  have to use
* Better malloc implementation that could use an unlimited amount of memory
* A USB HID implementation for keyboard
* New library functions - think about what functions an average payload would
  need
* Port one of the existing payloads to libpayload
* Add new features to coreinfo (ideas:  nvram browser, ACPI table parser)

Special thanks to Uwe for all his hard work in helping make this BSD
friendly!

Enjoy and happy hacking!
Jordan

--