[coreboot] libpayload: Add -Os to the CFLAGS

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Mar 20 22:40:17 CET 2008

> So is this ok?
>
> -       return strncpy(d, s, strlen(s));
> +       return strncpy(d, s, strlen(s) + 1);

It is okay, yes.

>> Well the memcpy() from HelenOS seemed to be a bit optimized already
>> so would be good to reuse it via strncpy().
>
> Hm? strncpy doesn't call memcpy().

Hey, you could factor it into strlen() + memcpy() + memset() [*], if
you don't mind walking the string twice.  You could use memcpy()
instead of strncpy() in your strcpy(), too, for a minor optimisation.

It's really not worth it if you ask me; an optimised memcpy() --
and, to a lesser degree, an optimised memset() -- might be noticeable,
but for the rest of these functions?

Segher

[*] Actually, you need strnlen(), but that's not a standard function.