[coreboot] filo booting cd problem

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Wed Mar 26 03:04:24 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 07:10:25PM -0400, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
> Quoting Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de>:

> >> How does everyone feel about adding something like this to the wiki?
> >>

> > Please! http://www.coreboot.org/FILO is very old and does not reflect
> > all details and options of FILO these days.
> >

> Updated. How does it look?

Thanks! The CDROM part looks ok, but I'm not sure what you mean with the
FILO/GRUB example. What do you mean with "mixture of GRUB and FILO
commands"?

If you use "USE_GRUB=1" then shouldn't this stanza in your menu.lst work?

  title           GEEXBOX/coreboot
  root            (hd0,1)
  kernel          /GEEXBOX/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/ram0 rw init=linuxrc boot=cdrom installator
  initrd          /GEEXBOX/boot/initrd.gz

Replace "(hd0,1)" with the correct value, not sure which that is in
this case, maybe "(cd)"?

And if you use "USE_GRUB=0" shouldn't this line work in FILO's "Config" file?

AUTOBOOT_FILE = "hdc:/GEEXBOX/boot/vmlinuz initrd=/GEEXBOX/boot/initrd.gz root=/dev/ram0 rw init=linuxrc boot=cdrom installator"

Uwe.