[coreboot] filo booting cd problem

Russell Whitaker russ at ashlandhome.net
Wed Mar 26 20:03:30 CET 2008

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Phani Babu Giddi wrote:

> Yes I am using FILO with USE_GRUB=1 but while FILO is starting I press the
> 'Esc' key and later I key in the kernel and initrd parameters.
>
> The absolute path is /boot/i386/loader/linux for the kernel image and
> /boot/i386/loader/initrd for the initrd. Ofcourse I would have to add "hdb:"
> to the path.
>
> -Phani
>
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:12 AM, <joe at smittys.pointclark.net> wrote:
>
>> Quoting Phani Babu Giddi <phanig at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> # install
>>> label linux
>>>   kernel linux
>>>   append initrd=initrd splash=silent showopts

On my main box I'm using factory bios + grub.
The kernel image is vmlinuz and is in the /boot directory.
Since I don't need to append any parameters, ny menu.lst looks like:

#grub configuration file

#by default, boot first entry
default 0
timeout 6

#first entry:
title slack.12
kernel (hd0,0)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1

#second entry:

[...]

#fifth entry
title memtest86