[coreboot] problem while flashing on Pm49fl004B

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri May 2 19:28:06 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 01:08:18PM +0530, malatesh kamatad wrote:
>                   While working on LinuxBios i erased bios content in the
> origional flashrom chip  while  doing  this  my system  become  strucked at
> that time when i rebooted the system but system not booted.
>  this is hapened while building the coreboot for MSI board by using  the
> AsRock board ..at the same time my harddisk is also damaged right now i dont
> have backup file(origional bios ),but in my office i dont have other AsRock
> motherboard for taking the bios content from that ,but i downloaded the bios
> content for AsRock board from the website  and  then i  tried to flash that
> content to the erased flashrom chip but flashing is not happening ..... is
> there any idea to get my bios back please inform me im  in big troble

You'll have to find a board with socketed BIOS in which you can enter
your empty/dead ROM chip and flash the vendor BIOS from the web onto it.

Alternatively, you can use an external ROM programmer if you have one,
or buy a replacement chip _with_ the original BIOS on it from shops like
e.g. http://bios-chip.de/, or others.

See also
http://www.coreboot.org/FAQ#Where_can_I_buy_BIOS_chips_.28empty_or_pre-flashed.29.3F

HTH, Uwe.