[coreboot] Off-Topic: Pseudonyms (Was: [Fwd: Re: Contact Intel])

Torsten Duwe duwe at lst.de
Sun May 4 14:45:07 CEST 2008

On Sunday 04 May 2008, arc wrote:

> We are on the internet and I have the right to express my opinion
> without revealing my name and surname.

Sure. In these cases, a pseudonym has proven to be handy quite often.
As you might see, an assumed gender is helpful when referring to your

> This is freedom of speech and it's a shame that people like you who are
> part of such a project don't understand this.

You are surely free to express your opinions, but a recognisable person, be it
real or virtual, helps to account statements and gives them more weight. This
is only a hint, do as you like.

> I didn't want to offend or ignore anybody, trust me.
> As you can read on my personal website: www.chi3.org

Good example. Here you are "arc", there you are "chi3". A cross-reference
would be nice, like "Chi3" <arc at mit.edu>, plus that link in the .sig. Again,
just a suggestion. My Italian is not very good, but I assume your suggested
gender is male?

> As Richard said, this is not the best way to push them so I wrote to you
> because I REALLY want to help you.

Thank you, help is always welcome.

> Thank you very much for all your wonderful work and sorry if I caused
> some confusion.

You prefer to block mail from google, some people prefer real names. Let's not
let that get into our (common) way.