[coreboot] Does the Intel 3100 reboot?

Joe joe at settoplinux.org
Tue May 6 13:05:58 CEST 2008

On Mon, 5 May 2008 07:54:32 -0700, "Ed Swierk" <eswierk at arastra.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Joe <joe at settoplinux.org> wrote:
>>  My bad. Those & and | operators always get me...
>>  But does it allow the system to reboot?
>
> Yes, rebooting works on the Intel 3100 development board. Can you
> increase the log level to 9 and see exactly where your board is
> hanging?

I don't have a bootlog off hand, but when rebooting it just starts to loop
after the northbridge dump in raminit.c. I think because it is just a soft
reset the cpu needs a reset? That's why I was wondering if your code works.
It should work fine for the RM4100, the DRC bit 29 is the same. I will give
it a try and report back. I think, to keep things simplified I am just
going to put the memory_initialized() function in raminit.c, and call it
from auto.c.

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org