[coreboot] [RFC] kill unwanted_vpci, use "hidden" property instead

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu May 8 17:02:53 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 7:51 AM, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:

> Which device is that?

Almost all of them. Consider a bridge.

> What does pci xx.x off end do then?

in v2, it means that in the init function, the CMD register is
un-enabled (I think; I have not looked at this code for a bit and it
always confuses me).

Look in pci_probe_dev for example: device is unconditionally enabled,
so we can scan it.

IIRC one case that drove this was multiple VGA cards -- you want to
set up the BARs etc. for all but you really don't know what the OS
will do -- maybe nothing -- but you want them there if it will do
something.

There really is a difference between un-enabled (or disabled) and
hidden; as you pointed out, hidden means no config space, or "will not
show up in lspci".

ron