[coreboot] patch: utility to show numeric values of all LX registers

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri May 9 18:25:50 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 10:09:42AM -0600, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> Patches for a MSR browser for coreinfo would be gladly accepted.

I think it is bigger.. (I guess an info browser is a good start.)

I would like to have all MSRs as well as all PCI registers available
for user tweaks in a future payload.

So where should all that hardware knowledge be stored?

libpayload? Don't really like that.
coreinfo and fork into futurepayload? Dunlike that so much either.

Maybe a separate library? Should coreboot use that library too then?

Userspace apps could use it as well. MSRs and PCI regs are both
available also after boot.

Thoughts? Am I looking too far into the future to make sense?

//Peter