[coreboot] GRUB2 Questions

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Sat May 10 09:44:07 CEST 2008

Joe schrieb:
> Why would searching memdisk create a endless loop??
If memdisk comes first (for whatever reason), and (memdisk)/grub.cfg
looks for first occurrence of /grub.cfg on any device, it will find
(memdisk)/grub.cfg, enter it, search again, enter itself, ...
Of course, it could be protected by a variable (similar to the
#ifndef/#define stuff in C headers). But then, where should it look
next, if it called itself?

> We could even specify only a few directories to search in to speed the
> search process up.
"search" searches for an absolute path, and I think that makes sense.
(You could, of course, search for both /grub.cfg and /boot/grub/grub.cfg)