[coreboot] Simnow & payloads (Was: something else)

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Mon May 12 19:08:54 CEST 2008

On 12/05/08 12:58 -0400, Marc Karasek wrote:
> Ron,
> What is tint??
> Ok I have been able to build a filo payload.   And it did work.  I think
> were the problem lies is in LAB.
> I am wondering how critical is it to have uclibc or a "common/standard"
> toolchain for building coreboot/payloads.
> I have built and maintained cross-compilers before.  Nothing with uClibc in
> it but with glibc.

We seem to bring it up every time we discuss this, but there is probably a
reason for it:  Should we consider outsourcing bulding the LAB to
buildroot or some other third-party build system that is more willing to
build and maintain the toolchains?

> ron minnich wrote:
>> I pulled down buildrom to my FC8 32-bit system, and made the tint
>> payload. It worked first time out. Resizing for the 1M bios -- there
>> was no resizing to do.
>> If you're cross-building, however, that might make it fun.
>> My next payload is Plan 9.
>> ron

Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer