[coreboot] epia-cn patch

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue May 13 16:04:46 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 09:48:58PM +0800, aaron lwe wrote:
> > Do you have the dsdt.dsl source? Where did it come from?
>
> dsdt.c comes from disassembling the dsl file. the dsl file is
> extracted from memory when booted with factory bios. I'll add that
> file if necessary.

I don't think it is critical at the moment, but I would like to have
the actual source file in the repository rather than a compiled
version.

> > +     memcpy(header->oem_table_id,"AWRDACPI",8);
> > +     memcpy(header->asl_compiler_id,"AWRD",4);
>
> > We are not Award. What is this about?
>
> These values are extracted from factory bios FACP table, so I just
> keep them.

We should at least change them before commit.

> > +     fadt->gpe0_blk = 0x420;
> > +     fadt->gpe1_blk = 0x0;
>
> > Where do all these magic values come from?
>
> By extracting FACP table of the factory BIOS, these values are all
> in that table.

..

> > Hey, please don't remove doxygen. :)
> Oh...my bad ;-)

Easy fix. :)

> > + * Copyright (C) 2008 VIA Technologies, Inc.
> > + * Copyright (C) 2008 Aaron Lwe <aaron.lwe at gmail.com>
>
> > How is VIA involved in this?
>
> I'm a VIA employee, so I think I should add VIA here, sorry not
> making this clear.

That is excellent! Welcome aboard. I completely missed this fact.

I do believe that the ACPI table situation needs some attention.

Are you sure that you/VIA can freely distribute source code for the
ACPI tables from Award's BIOS?

I understand that they may be good or even neccessary for testing
purposes, but I doubt that we will be able to use them verbatim.

Or am I wrong?

> >Thanks a lot for the patch! I guess Corey and Bari will have a go
> >at it but I'll try to test as well.
>
> Thanks. If dram didn't work right, try to change the values of D0F2
> registers in c7_cpu_setup to be the same as the facotry BIOS set.

Ok. Thanks for that pointer!

//Peter