[coreboot] [flashrom] unusual SST39SF020 chip

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Thu May 15 14:48:45 CEST 2008

on 15/05/2008 15:36 Carl-Daniel Hailfinger said the following:

> I think we can merge the outb -> lin_outb change, though I we may want
> to call it outb_wrapper or somesuch. Can you send that as a separate patch?

Maybe call it "OUTB"?
Will get back a little bit later with the change.

[snip]
> Yes, indeed. For details, see Stefan's answer.
> Oh, and the SST39 series are not really the ideal chips to test flashrom
> with. I have one of those chips which seemed to be damaged beyond repair
> after flashing it.

I once re-flashed it in the past with official bios update using
awdflash.exe.
BTW, simply dd-ing from /dev/mem at the proper offset returns quite
different data, so it seems that flashrom does get closer to the real
bios, maybe just not close enough. I know, I am bubbling.

--
Andriy Gapon