[coreboot] SELF

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Fri May 16 02:00:26 CEST 2008

On 16/05/08 01:40 +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 05:19:14PM -0600, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> > PAYLOAD_PARAM(name,"coreinfo");
> > PAYLOAD_PARAM(listname,"System Information");
> > PAYLOAD_PARAM(desc,"Display information about the system");
> >
> > These will be expanded out as
> >
> > static const char _pstruct[_pinfo_name] = "name=coreinfo";
> > static const char _pstruct[_pinfo_listname] = "listname=System Information";
> > static const char _pstruct[_pinfo_desc] = "desc=Display information about the
> > system";
>
> I like it!
>

> Does bayou show the name? I would prefer that over the listname.
> Or maybe both.

Its a good discussion to have.  One one hand, its nice to have 'coreinfo'
in the list, but on the other hand, a newbie would probably prefer a menu
that said:

Look at system information
Boot a kernel

So its a fine line between smaller code, better descriptions, and not biting
the newbies.  But this is part of the reason why the NAME segment didn't work
- clearly there are levels of information that the payload needs to
provide between the binary name and the overly verbose description.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer