[coreboot] [LinuxBIOS] flashrom on ga 2761gxdk [gone off subject]

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri May 16 04:40:35 CEST 2008

On Thu, 15 May 2008 17:56:11 -0700, "ron minnich" <rminnich at gmail.com>
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org>
>> Cool, I have never seen an AM2 board that small. Are they expensive to
> buy?
> AFAIK they never shipped.
Why not? I would buy one if it wasn't too expensive :-0
Is it still in development stages or something?
Or did the whole project just get borked?

Speaking of (off subject), as soon as I can get to them (in the attic), I
have some AMI i840 dual cpu prototype boards that have super buggy bios'
and AMI just gave up on them.  I was thinking of calling out a "coreboot
challenge" and donating three of them (keep the fourth one) to anyone that
could get coreboot running on them. This would sooo put it to the man :-)
The trick to them is this: the i840 was designed for RAMBUS, these boards
were designed with SDRAM, but with coreboots flexability this shouldn't be
hard. What do you think?

Joseph Smith