[coreboot] Hurrahh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It works...

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri May 16 17:53:38 CEST 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008 11:43:32 -0400, Marc Karasek <Marc.Karasek at Sun.COM>
> I am very very happy to say that I upgraded to Fedora 9 (binutile 2.18)
> and things seem to be much much better.  I was able to compile tinit
> just fine.
> I found a similar problem to the .rom/.ram can't allocate error message
> in a thread for binutils. Seems this was a problem in 2.17 and has been
> fixed.
> I will try all of the other combos but it looks promising.
> A note needs to be made to stay away from binutils 2.17.
I could have told you that. 2.17 is full of bugs. When I first installed
FC8, I couldn't build coreboot until I manually installed binutils 2.18.
There was a big thread about this right around the beginning of the year.
We should add this to the Wiki somewhere, to stop FC8 users from banging
their heads...

Joseph Smith