[coreboot] [flashrom] unusual SST39SF020 chip

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat May 17 01:29:39 CEST 2008

On 16.05.2008 08:03, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 15/05/2008 15:48 Andriy Gapon said the following:
>> on 15/05/2008 15:36 Carl-Daniel Hailfinger said the following:
>>> I think we can merge the outb -> lin_outb change, though I we may want
>>> to call it outb_wrapper or somesuch. Can you send that as a separate
>>> patch?
>>
>> Maybe call it "OUTB"?
>> Will get back a little bit later with the change.
>
> Here's a new FreeBSD porting patch.
> I put FreeBSD (re-)definitions into flash.h, so that they are visible
> in all .c files.
> outb is renamed to OUTB.
> Also, on FreeBSD for access to IO ports you have to have /dev/io open,
> this is added in flashrom.c.
> Changes in Makefile: /usr/local/include /usr/local/lib are needed in
> the paths for libpci.
> I also had to drop -Werror because compilation produced some warnings
> (in outb calls) that I couldn't fix:
> warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
>
> flashrom build obviously requires libpci (from devel/libpci port or
> package) and gmake.

Thanks for the patch! It looks quite nice and I think we can merge it,
but you'll have to rework the Makefile changes. I suggest to rework the
Makefile as a separate patch.

Please add a Signed-off-by statement to your patch, otherwise we can't
commit. See
http://www.coreboot.org/Development_Guidelines#Sign-off_Procedure for
details.

Regards,