[coreboot] Enabling 4MB window in LPC adressing space

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Fri May 23 17:45:52 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to boot a linux kernel image. It is about 2 MBytes. I used
buildrom to generate the 4MB binary image (coreboot+linux) that I
downloaded to Artec LCP Dongle flash.
IIUC, to read the payload it is necessary to enable the 4MB window in
LCP addressing space. To do that I modified cache_as_ram_main function
in order to write 0xF4 to I/O port 0x88:

void cache_as_ram_main(void)
	outb(0xF4, 0x88);

However it does not work:
a) white LED on dongle is still off
b) coreboot prints:

Before VSA:
buf ilen 1011820 olen949065
buf 00060000 *buf 255 buf[256k] 255
buf[0x20] signature is ff:ff:ff:ff
do_vsmbios: no vsainit.bin signature, skipping!
After VSA:
Graphics init...
VRC_VG value: 0xffff
Finding PCI configuration type.
PCI: Sanity check failed
pci_check_direct failed

Anybody can help me?

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave.eu
email: r&d2 at dave-tech.it