[coreboot] Gigabyte M57SLI - 4MB Chip - LAB doesn't boot like expected

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon May 26 00:41:31 CEST 2008

On 25.05.2008 23:29, Torsten Duwe wrote:
> On Saturday 24 May 2008, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>

>> Don't use the tukaani.org lzma-utils. They have a different header
>> format and our decompression will choke on it.
>>

> Huh? They seem to work for me, sticking a Linux kernel into a 1MB ROM, though
> I still lack some initrd magic to avoid the "cannot mount root" panic, but it
> gets that far.

Strange. Maybe I misunderstood soemthing about the headers.

> Is there anything wrong with staying compatible to the
> official tools?

Of course not. lzma-utils are a fork of the lzma utilities in the lzma
SDK. We have to decice whether we want to stay compatible with the SDK
(code state right now) or the fork (supported by your patch). Peronally,
I'd prefer to use the SDK and import the v3 in-tree lzma utilities
(which are identical to those in the SDK) in the v2 tree. That avoids
any current and future incompatibilities.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel