[coreboot] New logo - URGENT

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon May 26 02:45:33 CEST 2008

On 26.05.2008 02:28, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> we need a logo for LinuxTag posters right now. Either we keep the
> penguin for now and postpone the logo decision until after LinuxTag, or
> we present coreboot at LinuxTag without a logo or someone proposes a new
> logo and we all agree in the next 16 hours on it.
>
> My suggestions are attached as 2-minute hack jobs and should be judged
> for their ideas, not the sucky "art". Both images have transparent
> backgrounds and may look bad on a black or a white background.
> The first one is a chip with the characteristic lines behind a speedy
> object as seen in many comics.
> The second one is a chip with wings, suggesting that we make the
> computer fly (as in "fast" and "light").

Other proposals I have:
- The obvious Monty Python reference with a foot/boot descending on a
chip would be funny and be totally connected to the name. Using a boot
would circumvent any possible trademark issues.
- A boot kicking a chip together with a slogan like "Kicking chips into
speedy operation" or somesuch.
- A shark (fast and scary) with a chip on its fin or a chip in its mouth
with the chip legs replacing shark teeth.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel