[coreboot] Need help with VGA on epia-m

bari bari at onelabs.com
Mon May 26 18:30:24 CEST 2008

The Epia-CN (C7+cn700+vt8237r) is having the exact same issue even
though it is using a more recent VIA chipset. Epia-M9000 (C3 + CLE266 +
vt8235). This lack of Console VGA issue was next on the list after I
clear up some IRQ issues with the CN.

What are we missing for VIA chipsets with integrated video to bring up
Console VGA?

Config.lb in targets/via/epia-cn has:

cat vgabios bochsbios coreboot.rom > coreboot.rom.final
option ROM_SIZE=512*1024 - 64*1024 - 64*1024

Yet I get the same results with VGA if BOCHS is not included. BOCHS does
not seem to have an effect on X sever and VGA.

cat vgabios coreboot.rom > coreboot.rom.final
option ROM_SIZE=512*1024 - 64*1024

-Bari