[coreboot] coreboot.v2+seabios on 440bx: option roms not

JasonZhao at viatech.com.cn JasonZhao at viatech.com.cn
Tue Nov 4 03:42:32 CET 2008

I think the patch is in this link.
http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-September/038551.html
Is this one, Myles?

I am also now trying to boot XP with SeaBios as payload on VIA's board.

on 30/10/2008 16:52 Myles Watson said the following:

> [...]

I found a post where Kevin talks about this but no patch.

I am thinking about this approach for 440BX: set PAM registers to "read
from ROM, write to RAM" mode, copy the whole range onto itself, set PAM
register to R/W RAM mode.
I am not sure if this better be done for all legacy segments (0xC0000 -
0xFFFFF range) or only for option ROM segments (0xC0000 - 0xDFFFF range)
excluding BIOS Area and BIOS Extension segments.

P.S.
This approach won't work in stock qemu because of incorrect
implementation (absence, actually) of emulation of this "mixed" PAM
mode.