[coreboot] new board: LiPPERT Cool SpaceRunner-LX

Jens Rottmann JRottmann at LiPPERTEmbedded.de
Wed Nov 5 15:41:08 CET 2008

Hi,

About the additional (C) AMD thing:

Jordan Crouse wrote:
> If you are just copying the same API calls that all other motherboards
> use, then there is hardly anything to copyright in the first place.
> if there are some chunks of unmodified code that are unique to the
> db800 code (such as a local function) then thats a different story

Yes, indeed. And this is exactly the case for cache_as_ram_auto.c, where
e.g. the local function msr_init() was copied whole from DB800 (although
some few other mainboards share it, too, but all of them say (C)AMD).

So, I fully agree with Uwe on the point that cache_as_ram_auto.c needs a
"(C)AMD", and all other files don't.

That's a "no, thanks" for "v2_lippert_c_amd.patch".

About the "Based on" thing:

Here I fully agree with Jordan. I never meant to have several "Based on"
lines appended in one file. I only wanted to show the direct ancestor,
so e.g. someone could make a diff and see what parts are really
SpaceRunner-LX specific and what parts are generic.
If this ancestor had a "Based on" by itself, it might take several steps
to e.g. trace a bug to the board where it was introduced, but that's ok.
And then you could chase down all other boards that might have inherited
this bug ...

"v2_lippert_based_on.patch"
Acked-by: Jens Rottmann <JRottmann at LiPPERTEmbedded.de>

Thanks for listening,  :-)
Jens