[coreboot] Gigabyte GA-P965-S3 motherboard data and question.

Sasha Medvedev sasha.medvedev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 13:14:10 CET 2008

Hi, all. I found " You can help out Coreboot! " thread on ubuntu forums,
in witch somebody "uid313" tell that the following info will be useful
for you(in attachments):
dmidecode.txt
lspci-tvnn.txt
irq_tables.c
mptable.txt
dmidecode-dump.txt
lshw.txt
superiotool-dV.txt.
This is info of my GA-P965-S3 motherboard and system.
I found, coreboot is a great project. So I'd like to investigate
information in wiki and try to do something to bring coreboot on my
system. I have a little skill in programming ( C/C++ and asm courses in
the university). So I have some questions.
1)Is this hard to port code from i945 to i965P? Could we get support
of i965P, for example, next year? I found in mail lists somebody try to
work with i965PM chip-set.
2)Is there any method to boot bios image without flashing it to board?
Or i need to bay another bios chip and experiment with it? I heard
about lobos project, but can't found source code.
3)How can I help? I suppose I was useless as programmer, may be there
is some howtos how to adopt existing part's code. Probably I can support
developers with this motherboard, if it brings really result. Or it
will be easier to change my platform(for example on amd)?