[coreboot] Resource allocation

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 17:36:42 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 6:44 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ron.  After reading your answer I thought about the fact that there
> is only one BAR on a bridge for each type of resource, and the split
> resource idea didn't make as much sense.

yes, and thinking about it ... there's only one bridge anywhere in the
system that is going to decode legacy IO, or mem, or vsa (not always
same bridge).

I wonder if it would be simpler to have a property to mark these
bridges in the dts. It can not be determined -- code has to know that
a given piece of hardware is decoding the legacy range.

ron